Carnmhor was built in 1781 - a stone ‘crofters cottage’.
’Carnmhor’ in Gaelic means “great stack of rocks”. This may refer to the great mountain, ‘Beinn-na-Caillich’, across the bay, the volcanic bedrock of the shore the cottage is built upon, or even to the way in which the cottage was built - by hand, using huge rocks and boulders from the shoreline and surrounding area - hence the three-foot thick solid stone walls you see!
Whichever it may be, from this ‘great stack of rocks’ you’re sure to experience breathtaking vistas like nowhere else, with daily, ever changing, picture postcard views.
Experience the history
Live the adventure
Carnmhor is a detached cottage, with three bedrooms to accommodate four adults and two children (plus infant in cot bed) and is pet friendly (pre-booked). It received a complete ‘back-to-stone’ refurbished in 2020-2021 and now boasts stylish and modern, comprehensive guest amenities. It achieves consistent 5* ratings on it’s platform.
It has a large, modern and fully equipped kitchen with two ovens, a spacious bathroom with walk-in-shower and deep D shaped bath, as well as a separate utility room with a large washer, a dryer and ironing equipment.
The cottage has fast wifi, smart central heating, TV in each bedroom, streaming devices, games console, 50” TV and Alexa on hand, as well as a book library, DVDs and CDs.
• Utility room
• Washing machine & condenser dryer
• Cleaning equipment, hoover, mop etc
• Gardens to all four sides
• Two fire pits plus barbecue
• Own shore access
• Unique special outdoor seating
• Small air-conditioning unit
• Picnic bench
• Childrens play area, swing, slide and football goal net
• Kids ‘den’ with stream, tree seating and wooden bridge.
• Parking for 2 cars
• Gated access
• Bedroom #1 - kingsize double with TV, hairdryer, on-demand TV
• Bedroom #2 -double bed with TV/DVD and hairdryer, on-demand TV
• Bedroom #3 - single bunks with TV/DVD combi
• Lounge #1 , log burner stove, CD player, cottage iPad, leather three-piece suite
• Games cupboard: table games, board games, CDs, books, games console discs, aircon, fan, safe.
• Lounge #2, log burner stove with 50” wall mounted tv, DVD, games console, dining table, two sofas
• Wifi / internet throughout
• Alexa amazon echo dot
• Integrated full kitted and completely equipped kitchen
• Double (2 / two) electric ovens and hob
• Integrated dishwasher
• Fridge and separate freezer
• Coffee machine (Tassimo), percolator and a number of cafetières
• Filtered water purification system (3 phase)
•. Bathroom with deep basin D shaped extra large bath, with additional shower head, toilet, sink unit with LED mirror and shaving point, walk in separate shower, heated mirror with LED lights and shaving point
What IS included:
What is NOT included (chargeable extra) :
Every property has it’s rules - Carnmhor's are pretty simple. We are obliged to remind you that:
• Check in is from 3pm (15:00hrs). Check out is from (10:00hrs).
• The house, including porches, is completely a NO SMOKING area - this includes e-cigarettes/vape.
• Guests should familiarise themselves with all safety features, including ‘Fire Risk Assessment’, ‘Property Risk Assessmen’t and ‘Evacuation procedures’ - these are all clear in the Guest Information Book and available with hard copies at the cottage.
• Only those registered to stay may enter the property - no other guests are permitted. This is for licensing and insurance purposes.
• Dogs are allowed and welcomed provided we have prior notification. Please ensure all ‘mess’ in the garden is removed before you leave and dogs are not allowed on the furniture or upstairs.
• Waste water is to a septic tank, situated below the sea wall. Do not wash/flush chemicals or anything other than normal toilet tissue. DO NOT flush wipes/sanitary items/nappies.
• No noise outside after 10pm (22:00hrs). *Security cameras are in place in some outdoor areas*
• Electric car charging: only allowed by prior arrangement, and at a set fee of £25 per car per day or part thereof. Electricity is expensive up here!
• Guests must be aware that, on occasion, agents for the owners or workers may attend the property (for eg, the gardener). All efforts will be made to notify guests when they book that this may occur, but it may not always be possible.
• Items within the house must remain in place: this includes, but is not limited to; DVDs, games, CDs, books, utensils, technology, ornamental items and fixtures/fittings. Items external to the property must remain: this includes, but is not limited to; rocks, stones, fossils, outdoor furniture, games and plants.
• A thorough inspection and inventory is taken after each stay. Guests will be expected to reimburse for damaged or missing items.
• Please strip all bed’s bedding before you leave, and leave them on the floor by the bedroom door.
• Electricity fair use: normal costs (end of 2022) is max £2.50 per day. Any costs over £5 per day may be referred to guests.
• Have fun and enjoy Carnmhor!
We don’t wish to save your cookie data, except for those required by your browser.
See our Data / GDPR policy for further information.